BellaDonna Brews

Wine and Mead Making at its Most Experimental (at least until I figure out what the heck I am doing!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

If you need help feeding a family healthy delicious food on a shoestring budget, I'm your girl, errrr, mermaid. Tiny budgets deserve better than the drive thru, and I'm here to help give you the tips and techniques to help you succeed. I am currently a full time student and single mother of two, but I have been responsible for feeding a family of six, including 4 adults on a regular basis. The kinds of tips I'll be sharing will cover big families, small families, even singles!

9.07.2005

Brrr!

Okay, so I know that the Equinox is right around the corner, but we usually don't get these nice cool mornings in Houston until Fall is in full swing. Okay having looked at weather.com, it wasn't really that cool - in the low 70's, but dang it felt good. Must have been the low humidity.

It's really hard to keep in tune with the seasons in Houston. Mostly because we don't really have any. Trees drop their leaves any time the temp drops below 75 (which could be in the middle of summer) while some deciduous trees never drop at all. Last winter it was so abominably hot, I wore shorts and t-shirts most of the season.

I am trying to get myself more seasonally oriented, though. That's part of the reason I wanted to start brewing. Making wine and mead seems such a "Fall" thing to do, although I have the feeling I am going to keep going through next spring and summer. *grins*

In mead making news - I forgot to call my mom last night and ask her about the ancient orange. I had an issue come up with bad planning of dinner (started making soup and forgot I was going to make bread to go with it - which takes 3 hours - the soup ended up being simmered long and well!), and with everyone but the baby out of the house for the evening I felt very much at loose ends and didn't know what to do with myself. *shrug* The recipe is supposed to be fool-proof, hopefully it is. I'll call tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home