BellaDonna Brews

Wine and Mead Making at its Most Experimental (at least until I figure out what the heck I am doing!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

If you need help feeding a family healthy delicious food on a shoestring budget, I'm your girl, errrr, mermaid. Tiny budgets deserve better than the drive thru, and I'm here to help give you the tips and techniques to help you succeed. I am currently a full time student and single mother of two, but I have been responsible for feeding a family of six, including 4 adults on a regular basis. The kinds of tips I'll be sharing will cover big families, small families, even singles!

9.08.2005

I need a memory upgrade . . .

You know even though I had typed out the words twice now that I needed to call my mom to ask her about my mead (three times), I still haven't done it. Usually just writing or typing something out is enough to give my memory a kick in the bum, just enough to say "Now, wasn't I supposed to remember something??? . . . ." Not this time. grrrr . . . . .

Anyways, part of the reason I forgot to call was that me and my housemates went out to hit a couple of stores, one of which was Barnes and Noble. One of my housemates wanted the game guide for Final Fantasy XI, and I wanted to see if I could get a copy of The Compleat Meadmaker and a good beginning winemaking book. Okay, so I found the section where all the brewing books were (not in Hobbies as I originally thought, but mixed in with the wine appreciation books and bartending bibles), and found a copy of First Steps in Winemaking (no, I don't know why they have a picture of the Dictionary of Wine, but that is the description for the book I bought). No Meadmaker, though. So I went over to the customer service desk to see if they carried copies at all (maybe one was hiding in the back or on another shelf or something). Then comes the "This is a book with weirdly spelled words and author's name" spellothon. I'm not griping about the guy at the service desk, he is a super sweet guy, it's just the act of hanging onto a three year old who desperately wants to find her own book (or food or a way home, whichever is least easy) and saying, "Well, it's c-o-m-p-l-e-A-T not c-o-m-p-l-e-T-E", "Meadmaker is one word", and "S-c-h-r-a-m-m" . . . .well, let's just say it isn't the nicest way to spend five minutes. And of course they didn't carry the book in stock. Well, guess it stays on my shopping list for Saturday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home