BellaDonna Brews

Wine and Mead Making at its Most Experimental (at least until I figure out what the heck I am doing!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

If you need help feeding a family healthy delicious food on a shoestring budget, I'm your girl, errrr, mermaid. Tiny budgets deserve better than the drive thru, and I'm here to help give you the tips and techniques to help you succeed. I am currently a full time student and single mother of two, but I have been responsible for feeding a family of six, including 4 adults on a regular basis. The kinds of tips I'll be sharing will cover big families, small families, even singles!

12.20.2006

Bottled Cinn

Yup, we did it last night.  We figured out how to bottle Cinn.  We're gonna make a fortune! :)



Okay, so it's mead and wine, and we're not selling, because I don't want to get a license to do so.  But we did bottle the Cinnful Cyser and the cinnful Apple Wine. We wanted to bottle the Holiday Cinn, too, but it was not clear yet. Oh, well. Guess it will be for next winter. The Cinnful bottles look so pretty. We bottled most of the mead in little half bottles so that my assistant mazer could give some to friends and family. One of the two gallons of Holiday Cinn is his (when we made the original batch of cyser, he waited all of a week before running out and getting a gallon of apple juice to make his own), but since it wouldn't be ready before he leaves to go home at the end of the week, I told him he could have the original cyser batch, all but 2 bottles I already had plans for (one long term aging, one a Christmas present).

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


With all the bottling we have been doing (especially that big batch of JAO) I'm going to need to figure out a better, more permanent storage solution. I have almost an entire case of JAO bottles sitting on the floor of my brew closet, in a vertical position. Erg. Some of them will be able to go on racks once the holidays are over (many bottles are being wrapped for under the tree, and many more will be drunk without being wrapped), but I have another 6 gallons brewing (and burping VERY loudly, I might add). I also have a lot of wine that will need much more aging, and I would just rather have that go on somewhere out of the way. *shrug* Something to deal with after the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home