BellaDonna Brews

Wine and Mead Making at its Most Experimental (at least until I figure out what the heck I am doing!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

If you need help feeding a family healthy delicious food on a shoestring budget, I'm your girl, errrr, mermaid. Tiny budgets deserve better than the drive thru, and I'm here to help give you the tips and techniques to help you succeed. I am currently a full time student and single mother of two, but I have been responsible for feeding a family of six, including 4 adults on a regular basis. The kinds of tips I'll be sharing will cover big families, small families, even singles!

9.20.2006

Mmmmm and ICK!

Last week, I got to play around with my brews! It was time to rack and bottle and stuff.

The Pumpkin Wine and Treat were both bottled, although there was QUITE a difference in taste. The wine was a nice, young, dry white. It will be good in another year, prolly. The Treat, though - still tastes like crud. I bottled it, though, and I'm not touching it for at least a year. Maybe it will age into something.

The Ginger Peaches needed racking. Both had a huge pile of sediment on the bottom. The mead had something white floating on the top. I racked around it, and plan on asking about it on GotMead. If it comes back, and the experts don't indicate throwing out the whole batch, I will prolly rack next onto some campden. Both peach brews needed some serious topping up (3 cups of water for the wine, and 2 c. leftovers from the fridge and 2 c. water for the mead).

Ginger Peach Mead and Ginger Peach Wine before racking (notice the HUGE pile of sediment!):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The white ICK floating on top of the Mead:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Finished bottles of Pumpkin Wine (left) and Treat (right):
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Next up? Still planning on a "Cinnful Cyser", and possibly an apple wine to go with it, but first I plan on bottling the JAO this weekend (woohoo, 25 bottles!) and I have a couple of jalapenos and some serranos with "Capsimel" written all over them. That should make the boys happy . . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home