BellaDonna Brews

Wine and Mead Making at its Most Experimental (at least until I figure out what the heck I am doing!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

If you need help feeding a family healthy delicious food on a shoestring budget, I'm your girl, errrr, mermaid. Tiny budgets deserve better than the drive thru, and I'm here to help give you the tips and techniques to help you succeed. I am currently a full time student and single mother of two, but I have been responsible for feeding a family of six, including 4 adults on a regular basis. The kinds of tips I'll be sharing will cover big families, small families, even singles!

7.12.2006

So it's been a while . . .

Wow. Okay, I have an excuse. Being pregnant and completely unable to sample your wares as a brewer (and as a beadmaker, too - more on that later) - if you're being good anyway! - kinda takes the fun out of racking and starting new brews. But I am back.

Bottled the strawberry wine and the cherry vanilla mead last night with Scorp. The wine smells divine, tastes awful. I hope it ages to match the smell. The mead is extremely hot right now, but it tastes a heck of a lot like the batch of Joe's Ancient Orange did right out of the carboy, so I am very hopeful. The AO was delicious, I mean, DELICIOUS at Christmas and better at Art Camp in March. I still have one bottle left, and that one is dedicated to long term storage, which may mean I am cracking it at my birthday (after one year) or maybe waiting another four years. Don't know yet, but I am now making sure I bottle at least one bottle of everything in a dark glass bottle for "Long Term Storage".

Now that my computer is finally set up in a way that I can use it, I am going to play around with the tablet I got for Christmas and work on labels. That's my plan for as much of tomorrow morning as the kids will let me have.

I am planning on dealing with the various pumpkin stuff sometime this week or weekend. More important to me to take care of this weekend, though, is to get my lampworking bench set up. I have missed torching almost as much as I have missed brewing. Hopefully I will have pics of beads to post next week. :)

Here is a pic of the kids, from the hospital:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home