BellaDonna Brews

Wine and Mead Making at its Most Experimental (at least until I figure out what the heck I am doing!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

If you need help feeding a family healthy delicious food on a shoestring budget, I'm your girl, errrr, mermaid. Tiny budgets deserve better than the drive thru, and I'm here to help give you the tips and techniques to help you succeed. I am currently a full time student and single mother of two, but I have been responsible for feeding a family of six, including 4 adults on a regular basis. The kinds of tips I'll be sharing will cover big families, small families, even singles!

9.30.2005

Racked Cranberry

Okay so earlier today I apparently had some time to waste and sat there and counted bubbles burping out of the airlocks on the Cranberry Mead and the Strawberry Wine. 28 in one minute for the cranberry, and one in THREE minutes for the strawberry. I'm thinking the wine is getting pretty close to being done fermenting.

Tonight I racked the Cranberry in order to get it off the lees before we move sometime next week. It took a couple of weeks to get that stuff out of suspension, and I don't want it going back in suspension by being in a car for a half an hour. So after racking I topped up with Ocean Spray Cranberry Juice (thanks to my roommate for running out and getting some while the equipment was sanitizing).

Current Temp: 78 degrees
S.G. (before adding juice): 1.025
No reading for after adding juice.

Wooo, that stuff tastes like rocket fuel! I'm estimating about 17% ABV right now. Smoother than the wine, but it's also a week older. The cranberry flavor really comes through - very tart. I think that with some serious aging, this will be very potent, very good stuff!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home