BellaDonna Brews

Wine and Mead Making at its Most Experimental (at least until I figure out what the heck I am doing!)

My Photo
Name:
Location: Houston, Texas, United States

If you need help feeding a family healthy delicious food on a shoestring budget, I'm your girl, errrr, mermaid. Tiny budgets deserve better than the drive thru, and I'm here to help give you the tips and techniques to help you succeed. I am currently a full time student and single mother of two, but I have been responsible for feeding a family of six, including 4 adults on a regular basis. The kinds of tips I'll be sharing will cover big families, small families, even singles!

10.26.2005

Okay someone PLEASE smack me the next time I consider transferring onto fruit before fermentation has slowed drastically. I don't think I will be doing it again for a while, I am still cleaning pumpkin guts off my kitchen.

Transferred both meads last night to secondaries. The one with pumpkin went nuts and gooshed up into and out of the airlock all over the cabinet and kitchen floor. Changed out the airlock, and will have have to do it again once I can get the other one clean and sanitized. I have it sitting back in the water bath (ant free zone) to make cleanup easier. The Trick is doing fine, bubbling happily and NOT coming out of the airlock. *grins*

Forgot to bring my brewlog upstairs, so I can't give you the exact S.G.'s right now, but they are around 1.080.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home